Tuesdays & Fridays 10am-Noon
zazen and discussion
with Rev. Janine Seitetsu Larsen
Includes opening & closing chants, two periods of meditation (25 minutes each) and dokusan, kinhin, and an hour for check-in, study, and discussion. Drop-in friendly; join and leave as your schedule allows.
Our in-person meeting option at University Unitarian Church in Seattle have been suspended until further notice. We will continue to make practice available to all via Zoom. Safe Gathering protocols for on-site practice include:
- You must be fully vaccinated to attend in person. Bring your proof of vaccination the first time you participate.
- We record contact information for purposes of contact tracing should that be necessary.
- Once checked in, you enter a fully-vaccinated (non-public) space.
- The meeting room is large, continually refreshed with outside air, and set-up allows distancing.
- Masks may be required or may be optional though encouraged.
- Masks will likely be required for all but the chant-leader during chanting practice.
- The practice leader will announce expectations for masking and distancing.
Our current reflective study engages Welcoming the Unwelcome: Wholehearted Living in a Brokenhearted World, by Pema Chödrön.
We use a shared reading style which is friendly to drop-in attendance and does not require everyone to have a copy of the text. We work with the same book at both the Tuesday and Friday meetings and do not usually repeat any of the readings at either meeting. Each day will bring its own teaching, so no need to prepare in advance or worry about what you’ve missed.
- About Welcoming the Unwelcome: In her first new book of spiritual teachings in over seven years, Pema Chödrön offers fresh wisdom, heartfelt reflections, and the signature humor and insight that have made her a beloved guide during turbulent times. In an increasingly polarized world, Pema offers us tools to find common ground, even when we disagree, so we can build a stronger and broader sense of community.
For more information or to receive the Zoom link, please email Janine at:
Janine [at] EmptyMoonZen.org